Yaegaki jinja (八重垣神社) is a very popular shrine to women. It is because it is said that there is a love power. This shrine god is the god of a "couple who got married" for the first time in Japan.
Torii (鳥居) standing in prefectural road along the 249 Highway.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
On the left side of the precincts (境内) there is a 'Temizuya (手水舎 / Hand-wash Place)'.
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
Haiden (拝殿) is a building to ’pray to God’ built in front of main hall.
Yaegaki jinja Shrine (八重垣神社) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
Juyosho (授与所 / amulet reception counter). Here, let's buy a fortune-telling paper. (100 yen)
These are few part of many 'Yaegaki jinja Shrine (八重垣神社)' photos.
絵馬奉納所 (the place for hanging up Ema at the shrine).
This is subordinate shrine.
This is Yamagami jinja.
Let's go to the "Kagamino ike (pond of the mirror)".
In the pond, you can predict your fortune.
Sakusame no mori (佐久佐女の森/ forest of Sakusame)’. It is very sacred forest.
This forest is where the hero of Japanese mythology helped the princess.
This place is called a "Kagamino ike (鏡の池 / pond of the mirror)".
This is the 'Okunoin (奥の院 / inner sanctuary)' of 'Yaegaki jinja (八重垣神社)'.
Let's put the coin on top of the paper. *prepare a 10 yen or 100 yen coin.
If coins sink quickly, "Love will soon begin". The reverse is... can you imagine?
The 'Yaigaki Jinja (八重垣神社) bus stop' is next to the shrine.
photographed on Feb. 2016.
"Pond where love divination can be made" is very popular.
Weekend is very crowded, so visit us on weekdays if possible!
[MATSUE-SI] Yaegaki jinja (八重垣神社)
- Address : 227, Sakusacho, Matsue-shi, Shimane
- Phone : 0852-21-1148
- Time ： 9:00am - 17:00
- Admission fee : Free
- Access : In Matsue Station (No.4 bus stop / for 八重垣神社方面行) : Matsue Station --(Ichibata bus / 20 min) -- Yaegaki jinja (八重垣神社)