Kawagoe Hikawa Jinja (川越氷川神社) is a popular shrine for women.
In search of 20 amulets a day, it is famous for women visiting from early morning to make a queue. Many women visit this shrine, wishing for '恋愛成就 (success of love)'.
There is a “Torii (鳥居)" in the vicinity of the parking lot.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
Stand in front of the torii, Haiden (拝殿) will appear near straight...
On the right side of the precincts (境内) of shrine there is a Temizuya (手水舎 / Hand-wash Place).
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
Haiden (拝殿) is a building to ’pray to God’ built in front of Honden (本殿).
Kawagoe Hikawa Jinja Shrine (川越氷川神社) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
* Let's take a picture after praying is over...
The precincts (境内) of shrine has "Goshinsui (御神水 / sacred water)".
These are few part of many 'Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine (川越氷川神社)' photos.
This is a "Goshinsui (御神水 / sacred water)”. *Rock on the right.
This rock looks like a dog's face.
If you Prayer for safe delivery of a child, please stroked the rock.
Goshinboku (ご神木 /Sacred tree).
This is "Hitogata Nagashi (人形流し)".
It is a ceremony to make "Person-shaped paper" flow in the river.
1. Let's have in hand "human type of paper.”
2. sprayed three times breath toward the paper.
3. In the painful place of your body, let's rub the paper.
4. Let's sink paper into the river.
While you do not notice, you can purify the impurities attached to your body and mind.
This is part of the Kairo (回廊 /corridor).
This is Goshinboku (ご神木 /Sacred tree). There are two.
Please to pray for marital harmony.
This is the most famous "Ema tunnel (絵馬トンネル)" in this shrine.
Write a wish in an Ema (絵馬) and let through the tunnel. Then it is said that "you will receive the power that wishes will come true".
There are too many Ema (絵馬), the inside of the tunnel is dark.
In the evening, lighting is done to "keep light on your wishes".
A lot of Ema (絵馬) is also put on the outside of the tunnel.
Light enters near the exit.
Families dedicating the ema of "安産祈願 (safe delivery)".
There are break space in front of the "Maiden (舞殿 / dance hall)" .
The left side is the Juyosho (授与所 / amulet reception counter).
Juyosho (授与所 / amulet reception counter).
This is the "Ichinen antai mikuji (一年安鯛みくじ)".
In Japanese, "Ichinen antai" is the meaning of the "One-year peace".
* This is the Omikuji (おみくじ / paper random fortunes)
This is called "aitai mikuji (あい鯛みくじ)".
In Japanese, "aitai" is the meaning of "I want to see you".
This is the "Gokoku Jinja Shrine (護国神社)".
This Shrine is the Shrine honoring war dead.
This is the "Ōtorii (大鳥居)". Height 15m. The wooden torii, is the nation's largest.
In July, a summer festival called "Enmusubi Fuurin (縁結び風鈴)" will be held.
photographed on Jul. 2015.
Here is a 40-minute train ride from Tokyo 'Ikebukuro (池袋)'.
If you are interested, please come to this shrine!!
[KAWAGOE-SHI] Kawagoe Hikawa Jinja (川越氷川神社)
- Address : 2, Miyashitamachi, Kawagoe-shi, Saitama 11-3
- Phone : 03-3213-1111
- Time ： 8:00am - 18:00
- Admission fee : Free
- Access :  JR-Line ,Tobu Tojo-Line (東武東上線) “Kawagoe Station (川越駅)", Riding the Cyclic bus (Koedo Loop Bus) E11 bus stop.
 Seibu Shinjuku Line (西武新宿線) “Hon Kawagoe Station (本川越駅)", Riding the Riding the Cyclic bus (Koedo Loop Bus) E11 bus stop.