Futami Okitama Jinja Shrine (二見興玉神社) is a Shinto shrine located near the sea (Ise Bay).
For a long time, it has been referred to as the shrine of the purification ceremony.
A 20-minute walk from 'Futaminoura Station (二見浦駅)'. The shrine stands along the Ise bay.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
* The weather on this day was unfortunately cloudy.
"Before you go to the Ise Shrine, go to this shrine" from long ago and have been a good.
It is a promenade of the sea.
There is a torii (鳥居) in the immediate vicinity of the sea.
The Sando (参道 / approach to Japanese shrine) to the shrine is along Ise Bay.
These are few part of many 'Futami Okitama Jinja Shrine (二見興玉神社)' photos.
This is the shrine there are a lot of "frog of stone statue".
In front of the Shaden (社殿), there is a small cave. It called "Amano Iwaya (天の岩屋)".
This is "wa-shimenawa (輪注連縄)". Let's rub the body with this rope. Please drop the bad ones.
This Temizuya (手水舎 / Hand-wash Place), there are a lot of frogs.
In the water we have two frogs. It called the "Mangan-kaeru (満願蛙)".
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
Frog has been a messenger of this shrine.
In the ema (絵馬) The couple rock and the state of the sunrise are drawn.
Futami Okitama Jinja Shrine (二見興玉神社) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
Here, "Meoto iwa (夫婦岩 / rock of Husband and wife) " is famous.
This is the "Meoto iwa (夫婦岩 / rock of Husband and wife) ". There are also torii on the rocks.
This frog is the use of God.
It is said that a small rock on the left looks like a frog.
the promenade of the sea...
*I photographed this photograph in Oct. 2015.
From long ago ... It is said that you should do "purification" at this shrine before going to Ise Shrine.
Therefore, when you come to Ise, you should visit this shrine first.
!! However, there are many stone statues of the frog in this shrine's precinct. People who do not like frogs may want to stop going.
English on this page is translated from Japanese to English using the Google translation site. Sorry if there are sentences that are difficult to read.
[Mie] Futami Okitama Jinja Shrine - 二見興玉神社-
- Address : 575, Futamichoe, Ise-shi, Mie
- Phone : 0596-43-2020
- Hours : 24 hours
- Admission fee : free
- Access : JR-Line “Futaminoura Station (二見浦駅)", 20-minute walk.