Ise-Jingu Shrine (伊勢神宮) is at the core of sightseeing in Ise.
legendary ancestor of the Imperial Household, many people have worshiped here as the guardian deity.
God of Geku (外宮 / Outer Shrine) is "Toyouke-no Ōmikami (豊受大御神)". God governs the food-grain has been deified.
On this page, let 's tell you "the order to visit this shrine".
If you walk straight from the Ise-shi Station (伊勢市駅), it will arrive in Geku (外宮 / Outer Shrine) of Ise-Jingu Shrine.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
*Here is the entrance of Geku (Outer Shrine) of Ise-Jingu Shrine.
 This is the Omote Sando "Hiyokebashi (火除橋)". Please walk on the left side of this bridge.
 After crossing the bridge, you immediately have Temizuya (手水舎). *Wash your hands properly.
*At Temizuya. Let's pray after washing a hand earlier by all means.
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
 This is the "first torii (第一鳥居)". let's go to the "Shrine of the Forest"!
*Let's bow beneath the torii.
Once you pass through the torii, since entering the forest, it will change air.
However, since the gravel road continues, perhaps you'll foot becomes painful.
 When you pass through the "second torii (第二鳥居)", to enter the Shogu (正宮 / main shrine) area.
*Let's bow beneath the torii.
Charms, talismans of the shrine can be purchased here. as well as "kagura (神楽)" are also performed here.
The Ise Shrine, call the main hall as "Shogu (正宮)".
Here is a place called "Kodenchi". There in front is the Shogu (main shrine).
The "Kodenchi (古殿地)", it is the place where stood the previous Shogu (main shrine).
There is a very big cedar. This is like a "sacred tree".
Golden roof, looks from here. There is the Shogu (main shrine).
 Shogu (正宮 / main shrine) has been surrounded by four Fence.
In front of the torii, please be sure to bow deeply.
In this location, please convey the feelings of gratitude to God. Do not have a wish!!
Ise-Jingu Shrine (伊勢神宮) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
Next of Shogu (main shrine), let's go to the "Takano-miya (多賀宮)".
 This "Mitsuishi (三つ石 / three stone)" is famous as a power spot.
In order to go to Takano-miya (多賀宮), there is a long staircase. You should wear sports shoes.
 In here (Takano-miya), you can make a wish to God.
 Next, you go to the "Tsuchino-Miya (土宮)". It is God of the soil.
 The next, let's go to the "Kazeno-Miya (風宮)". It is God of the wind.
 This is a stone bridge of turtle shape.
 Here is "Kaguraden (神楽殿)".
let's buy a Charms, talismans.
Here is "Mikinten (御饌殿)". It is a place to offer "meals" to God.
Here is the stables. There are horses that God ride.
*I photographed this photograph in Oct 23. 2015.
As Japanese shrines have many gravel roads, we recommend you go on sports shoes! (Your legs will be tired)
English on this page is translated from Japanese to English using the Google translation site. Sorry if there are sentences that are difficult to read.
[Mie] Ise-Jingu Geku (Outer Shrine) - 伊勢神宮 外宮-
- Address : 279 Toyokawacho, Ise City, Mi
- Phone : 0596-24-1111 (Japanese only)
- Hours : 5:00 - 18:00 (Jan -- Apr, Sep) , 5:00 - 19:00 (May -- Aug) , 5:00 - 17:00 (Oct -- Dec)
- Admission fee : free
- Access : JR-Line, Kintetsu-Line “Iseshi” Station, 7-minute walk