Sarutahiko Jinja Shrine (猿田彦神社) is very well-known as the "God that leads to the right path".
It is located in a 20-minute walk from the inner sanctuary.
The shrine, Sarutahiko ohkami (the great god of Sarutahiko) has been enshrined.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
The Temizuya (手水舎), has been affixed a lot senjafuda (slips of paper printed with the name of a pilgrim) .
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
Pillar of this "torii" is octagonal.
This is the famous "orientation stone (方位石)".
This stone is so there is power.
Pillar of Honden (本殿 / Main hall) is octagonal, too.
Sarutahiko Jinja Shrine (猿田彦神社) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
In family business prosperity and traffic safety has been that there is divine favor.
This is the Shrine crest of this shrine.
This "Ema (絵馬)" is a very beautiful color.
The "Ema" of here, seal comes. It is a personal information protection seal.
There is a shrine office on the left side. Charms, talismans of the shrine can be purchased here.
This is a "zodiac (十二支)" key chain.
A small pond, we are swimming plump fat carp.
Stone reminiscent of the treasure ship, "treasure of stone (たから石)".
It looks like there is a snake on this stone. For that reason, it is said that we have good omen.
This is a "Sarume jinja shrine (佐留女神社)". It is famous as the god of entertainment.
*I photographed this photograph in Oct . 2015.
You should visit this shrine to turn your life. It is said.
In this shrine, you will be given the "courage to move forward".
English on this page is translated from Japanese to English using the Google translation site. Sorry if there are sentences that are difficult to read.
[Mie] Sarutahiko Jinja Shrine - 猿田彦神社-
- Address : 2-1-10, Ujiurata, Ise-shi, Mie
- Phone : 0596-22-2554
- Hours : 6:00-17:00
- Access : JR-Line, Kintetsu-Line “Iseshi” Station, ten minutes by bus from Ise-Jingu Geku (Outer Shrine).
From Ise-Jingu Naiku (Inner Shrine) a 20-minute walk.
Sarutahiko Jinja Shrine *Japanese