Yamatohime-no Miya (倭姫宮) is Betsugu of Ise-Jingu Naiku.
*The Betsugu, is a shrine to worship the God of the deep Shougu (main shrine) and involved.
Here, the god who contributed to the establishment of Ise-Jingu Shrine (伊勢神宮) is enshrined.
There is this torii (鳥居) near the signal of '倭姫前' along National Route 37.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
* But, from here, it might be distant to the shrine.
And, go up the slope and you can see another torii. There is a parking space next to the torii.
* It is near "Jingu Chokokan Museum (神宮徴古館)".
"Yamatohime-no Miya (倭姫宮)" is a shrine built by shaving a corner of the mountain.
Therefore, it seems to go into the forest.
go down a gentle slope, will see a Temizuya (手水舎 / Hand-wash Place) in front.
These are few part of many 'Yamatohime-no Miya (倭姫宮)' photos.
This is the Shamusho (社務所 / Shrine office).
It is a very small Temizuya (手水舎 / Hand-wash Place).
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
Here is the Shaden (社殿) area. At this time, the light was showering.
The "Yamatohime-no Mikoto" it is a deity.
It is a god who searched for "place" to make Ise Shrine which worship "Amaterasu Omikami (天照大御神)".
Yamatohime-no Miya (倭姫宮) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
If you go into this area, you will feel the sacred air.
*I photographed this photograph in Oct. 2015.
Here, little people, very quiet. And, it is also clear air.
So, you surely will be able to refresh & power charge!
English on this page is translated from Japanese to English using the Google translation site. Sorry if there are sentences that are difficult to read.
[Mie] Yamatohime-no Miya - 伊勢神宮 倭姫宮-
- Address : 5, Kusubecho, Ise-shi, Mie
- Phone : 0596-24-1111 (Japanese only)
- Hours : 5:00 - 18:00 (Jan -- Apr, Sep) , 5:00 - 19:00 (May -- Aug) , 5:00 - 17:00 (Oct -- Dec)
- Admission fee : free
- Access : Kintetsu-Line “Ujiyamada station (宇治山田駅)" 10-minute Taxi. 40-minute walk. From Tsukiyomi-no Miya (月讀宮) a 40-minute walk.
ISE Tourist MAP (PDF) *English