Matsuchiyama Syouden (待乳山聖天), located about 15 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station,Matsuchiyama Shoden is one of the subordinate temples of Kinryusan Sensoji Temple. This temple is famous as a "power spot". 夫婦和合と金運に御利益があるとされ、だいこん祭りでも有名です。
When walking from Asakusa station for about 15minutes, you can see "Calm Gate" like this.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
Remains of the Edo period... "Tsuijibei (築地塀 / Earthen Wall)".
Jizo that stands quietly by the stairs.
There is also an entrance on the other side. A Jinrikisha (人力車) is often parked.
The shrine of precincts (境内) are very narrow.
On the left side of the shrine of precincts (境内) is the Jizo (歓喜地蔵尊).
On the right side there is "出世観音像 (Buddhist statue of Kannon)".
It spreads when power is crowded here, it became famous as a power spot.
It is a very strong impact character type.
These are few part of many 'Matsuchiyama Syouden (待乳山聖天)' photos.
Temizuya (手水舎 / Hand-wash Place)
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
There are motifs of "二股大根 (two forks radish)" at various places in the precincts.
Radish is a symbol of husband and wife.
The upper part of the stairs is a Hondo (本堂 / Main hall).
It is said that radish represents a deep lost heart of humans and a poison of anger.
It is thought that providing radish is "to wash and clean".
After the earthquake and war damage etc... Hondo (本堂 / Main hall) was rebuilt in 1964.
Matsuchiyama Syouden (待乳山聖天) manner of pray
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
Drawstring purse bag (巾着) means treasure, it is said that it represents business prosperity.
Compared to Senso-ji Temple, it is very quiet.
This shrine carries out a special prayer called "浴油祈祷".
If you ask prayers, they will pray every morning for seven days. The price is 3,500 yen.
Let's write your "wish" to this god.
Would you like to thrive on business? Do you pray for money luck?
Or is it married? Good relationship between husband and wife?
You can also ride the "Asakusa LINE" of Asakusa Panda Bus.
In June, hydrangea will bloom in Sumida Park on the other side of Tokyo Route 314.
SAKURA (Cherry blossoms) will bloom in Sumida Park in April.
The photograph was taken from 2014 to 2016.
After attracting attention as a power spot, the number of women's worshipers is increasing "Buddha mountain holy". Compared with Senso-ji Temple area, it is a very calm and calming place!!
[ASAKUSA] Matsuchiyama Syouden (待乳山聖天)
- Address : 7-7, Asakusa, Taito-ku Tokyo
- Phone : 03-5603-9977
- Time ： 6:00am - 16:30pm (April - September), 6:30am - 16:30pm (October - March)
- Admission fee : Free
- Access : [Subway] Ginza-Line, Asakusa-Line "Asakusa Station (浅草駅)" 15-minute walk.
English on this page is translated from Japanese to English using the Google translation site. Sorry if there are sentences that are difficult to read.