Ueno's "Gojoten Jinja Shrine (五條天神社)" is a shrine visited by medical personnel and people who wish to cure illness. In this shrine, prayers for illness are held.
Stone torii (石鳥居) of Gojoten Jinja Shrine (五條天神社).
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
The hero who "helped unfortunate animals" in Japanese myth is enshrined as god.
A prayer festival of sickness healing is held on the 10th of every month.
Komainu (狛犬 / shrine's lion dogs). right side
Komainu (狛犬 / shrine's lion dogs). light side
precincts (境内) of shrine are quiet.
Next to there is a "Hanazono JInja shrine (花園神社)".
Temizuya (手水舎 / Hand-wash Place) has a unique shape.
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
Many people think that "I want to cure the disease", will visit this shrine.
Gojoten Jinja Shrine (五條天神社) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
Therefore, please do not take a picture of the people worshiping.
Application form for "Health Prayer (健康祈祷)".
The prayer fee is 2,000yen or 3,000yen.
If you apply for prayers, you can get this cracker.
This is a torii (鳥居) standing in the direction of Shinobazu Pond.
The photograph was taken from 2014 to 2015.
There is a big festival on May 25th every year.
It is said that the festival of praying for ill health healing done on the 10th of every month is called "医薬祭 (Iyakusai)".
Next to Gojoten Jinja Shrine (五條天神社),
There is Hanazono Inari Jinja Shrine (花園稲荷神社)!
[UENO] Gojoten Jinja Shrine (五條天神社)
- Address : 4-17, Uenokouen, Taitou-ku, Tokyo
- Phone : 03-3821-4306
- Time ： 9:00am - 17:00pm
- Lighting ： From sundown until around 23:00
- Admission fee : Free
- Access : "Ueno station (上野駅)" 5-minute walk.
English on this page is translated from Japanese to English using the Google translation site. Sorry if there are sentences that are difficult to read.