Kumano Taisha (熊野大社) is Official name is 'Izumo no kuni Ichi no miya Kumano Taisha (出雲國一之宮 熊野大社). Kumano Taisha is the most highest ranking shrine in Izumo, with the Izumo Taisha (出雲大社).
The location is in a quiet mountain area about 30 to 40 minutes by car from the center of Matsue city.
we will glad you when refered in sight-seeing.
This Torii is faces the Prefectural Route 53.
Second torii. River is Iugawa (意宇川 / River).
The bridge is Yakumo Bashi (八雲橋 / Bridge).
Quiet flow of Iugawa (意宇川 / River).
This is 'Temizuya (手水舎)', built in 1996, can purify your body and mind before entering the precincts (境内) of shrine.
Manner of Temizuya (手水舎)
* In this process, carried out with one dipper-full of water!!
- Put water in "Ladle" which is placed in the Temizuya.
- Holding Ladle in your right hand, wash your left hand.
- next, wash your right hand.
- Put water in the left hand and move to mouth, wash the mouth.
- Hold the Ladle vertically so remaining water runs down and clean the handle.
This is a general usage Manner.
This is 'Zuishin-mon Gate (随神門)’, rebuilt in 1928.
These are few part of many 'Kumano Taisha Shrine (熊野大社)' photos.
This is 'Haiden (拝殿)', built in 1978.
* Haiden (拝殿) is a building to ’pray to God’ built in front of main hall.
This is big 'Ōshimenawa (大注連縄)' of Haiden (拝殿). It's a sacred rope.
Kumano Taisha Shrine (熊野大社) manner of worship
- Let's put a coin in the saisen box.
- Twice, bow your head and let's say a deep greeting.
- Match your hands at the chest height, clap two times, and pray to the god.
- Finally, let's bow again and say a deep greeting once.
This is amulet reception counter at left side of 'Haiden (拝殿)'.
This is 'Inada Jinja Shrine (稲田神社)' in back to right side of Haiden (拝殿), and enshrined 'Kushinadahime no Mikoto (櫛名田比売命)'.
'Kushinadahime (櫛名田比売命)' is wife of 'Susanoo (素戔嗚尊)'.
This is 'Izanami Jinja shrine (伊邪那美神社)' in back to left side of Haiden (拝殿), and enshrined 'Izanami no Mikoto (伊邪那美命)'.
Inari Jinja (稲荷神社), Arakamisha (荒神社), Goshinsui (御神水 / God water).
This Arakamisha (荒神社), enshrined 'Susanoo (素戔嗚尊)'.
'Goshinsui (御神水)' water from mountain of the gods.
That Sakaki tree written 'Fufu-Wago (夫婦和合)'.
'Fufu-Wago (夫婦和合)' means that the couple is identical.
photographed on Feb. 2016.
The god of this shrine protects people's happiness and fulfills wishes, and is also the God of industrial promotion, good fortune and of avoid evil.
[MATSUE-SI] Kumano Taisha (熊野大社)
- Address : 2451, Yakumochokumano, Matsue-shi, Shimane
- Phone : 0852-54-0087
- Time ： 8:30am - 16:30
- Admission fee : Free
- Access :  In Matsue Station (No.4 bus stop) : Matsue Station --(Ichibata bus / 大庭･八雲行き) -- Yakumo garage (八雲車庫).  In Yakumo Bus Terminal -- (Yakumo community bus / 八雲コミュニティバス須谷行き) -- Kumano Taisha.